Acheloa Wellness Presents #WellnessWednesday, mini well-being masterclasses that'll help you stress less and accomplish more. Today's topic: Boosting Immunity Amid COVID-19 with the Best Immune Boosters
In these unprecedented times, it's easy to feel powerless, but that doesn't have to be the case. We may not be able to control how long we work from home, but we can control how we care for our bodies in this time of COVID-19, focusing on the best immune boosters available to us.
As the weather begins to move into spring, we may begin to see allergies on the rise in addition to influenza and COVID-19. Now more than ever is the time to care for your health, and this post shares 5 ways you can boost your immunity using what may already be in your kitchen, emphasizing the importance of the best immune boosters.
5 Immunity Boosting Tips with the Best Immune Boosters
1. Avoid snacking. Anything that's not breakfast, lunch, or dinner is snacking. Whether it's an apple or a bag of potato chips. According to Ayurveda, this constant food consumption cycle gives the body no time to process. Therefore, it's always overworking, and its digestive quality is reduced. To avoid the "freshman 15", which I'm hearing as "the COVID 19", it's best to eat only when you're meant to, focusing on meals that incorporate the best immune boosters.
2. Don't overeat. If you listen carefully, at the end of each meal, there's a burb. According to Kate O'Donnell, she calls it "the burb". It's the signal that you've eaten enough. Forks down. Even if our eyes are bigger than our stomachs, the burp is your Plan B that can keep you from overeating, helping maintain a balance that supports the best immune function.
3. Drink warm water. Sources shared that COVID-19 can live in the throat for days before it makes its way down your trachea. To avoid that accumulation, it's recommended to drink warm water every 20 minutes. Drinking warm water isn't just good for COVID-19; it's beneficial for your digestion. If we have a strong digestion system, we have a better chance for strong immunity, making it one of the simplest best immune boosters.
4. Your spice rack is your medicine cabinet. Now more than ever, use the spices in your cabinet as you prepare your foods. Many spices not only provide flavor but incredible antifungal, and antiviral properties, acting as the best immune boosters right in your kitchen. Some of my favorite spices are cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, black pepper, and clove.
5. Make your own medicine. If you're feeling that pre-illness scratch in the throat, make a "lickable". My favorite lickable recipe is below, but feel free to modify to make one of your own!
Homemade Medicine: A Best Immune Booster Recipe
1/2 T raw honey
1 big pinch turmeric powder
1 big pinch black pepper
1 big pinch ginger powder
1 smaller pinch cinnamon
Now's the time to take control of your health, your immunity, and your mind. At this time, this is probably the one best thing we can do for ourselves and our families. By keeping our immunity strong and sharing tips with friends, family, and loved ones, we can serve humanity better, emphasizing the role of the best immune boosters in our daily lives.